A low-cost, quick smile makeover option is the Snap-On Smile. This is a temporary smile design, made out of acrylic, that snaps over your natural teeth. Many patients use this technique for special events, such as weddings or graduations, or it can be used to “try on” a smile design to see if it works.
Don’t expect a beautiful Hollywood smile with this procedure. Instead, expect an economical, acceptable smile. If you have obvious defects in your smile, this will be an improvement.
The Snap-on Smile Process
After an examination, Dr. Thein will discuss with you your desired smile design and teeth shade. He will then take an impression of your teeth, and make a hardened plaster model of your teeth. The model will then be sent to the Den-Mat laboratory, to be made of a crystallized acetyl resin.
When Dr. Thein receives the Snap-on Smile back from the laboratory, you will visit our office and simply snap it onto your teeth. We will make any needed adjustments so that it can fit snugly and securely. The Snap-on Smile is tough enough that you can eat with it on. The manufacturer says that it will last from two to five years.
Uses for the Snap-on Smile
- A special event such as a wedding or a class reunion is coming up, and you want a new smile for that event.
- You want to get a new smile but aren’t sure, so you want a way to test a new smile design first.
- You are applying for a job but are embarrassed at how your teeth look.
- You have missing front teeth. You are getting dental implants to replace them, but need something in the meantime.
- You need an affordable smile makeover option for now.
Snap-on Smile Sample Pictures:
Here is a case where a female patient had malformed lateral incisors. The Snap-on Smile gives her a new, beautiful, proportioned smile to show off.
If you believe the Snap-On Smile may be a good option for you, contact us for an examination. If you’re not ready to commit to an examination, you can ask for a brief complimentary consultation where you can ask a few questions about the procedure.